Outlook VBA program not firing when new E:Mail

Heefie 11:12 13 Oct 2009

I've just rebuilt my windows Vista system, due to numerous space & performance problems. This is not normally a problem, as the only thing that I have on my C: drive is Windows, everything else is on other drives, it's just a matter of doing a few updates & re-installs to rebuild the Registry.

Therefore, having re-installed Office 2003, I've got my Macros back in place and they all run if I invoke them, but the main one, which used to trigger every time I got a new E:Mail is not firing automatically ... I am assuming I've forgotten to do something, or I've done something wrong ... please help !!!

I have the following code in a ClassModule, ThisOutlookSession1, but it doesn't fire :

Sub Application_NewMailEx(ByVal EntryIDCollection As String)

Call MyRules
Call ValidateKATurns
Call KATurns

End Sub

have no idea if this is relevant, but under the Properties for ThisOutlookSession1 is a single entry, Instancing, with the value 2 - PublicNotCreatable

Also, just as background ... when I open VBA, the tree on the left hand side of the screen says :

Project1(VbaProject.OTM)
Microsoft Office Outlook Objects
ThisOutlookSession (this Is empty)
Forms
KA_Files_Received
Modules
Definitions
KA_Turns
My_Rules
Validate_KA_Turns
Class Modules
ThisOutlookSession1 (this contains the aforementioned code)

Thanks in advance for any help ...

BTW, a formatted version of this question, if this is unreadable, can be found here : click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?