Outlook trying to send email not seen in outbox

ferrari 20:16 03 May 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps trying to send an email through one of the pop3 accounts I have set up. The mail fails due to a lack of authentication by Yahoo which is the account the mail is trying to use. It also blocks e-mails thru the same account, but I can send out thru other pop3 accounts set up in Outlook.

When I check the sent items folder, there is no email there. My anti virus is update, so is my zone alarm firewall, and I have run Windows Defender and Adaware, neither of which find anything sinister.

can anyone please advise on how I can track down the ghost e-mail and delete it? I would prefer not to remove the account as I will have to download hundreds of e-mails from the server down to my computer again.

Thank you.

Diversion 21:08 03 May 2007

Have you tried running Spybot Search & Destroy click here

ferrari 22:53 03 May 2007

Thanks, I have tried spybot as well, all the programs do not find anything malevolent, and the problem remains after each scan.

megat193 14:34 04 May 2007

Could it be a "read receipt" that cannot contact the original sender's email address?

ferrari 23:03 04 May 2007

That's my suspicion too, but I can't find a way track and delete it. It's annoying bcos it blocks other mail using that address from being sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?