Outlook toolbars keep resetting!

Leepaci 13:51 16 Sep 2010

Hi, can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with my Outlook toolbars?
When I open a new email I have the Email and Standard toolbars showing. The Email toolbar appears below the To&CC fields but the Standard appears above the fields. I move the Email toolbar up above the Standard toolbar but everytime I close or send the email and then open up a new one, the toolbar has moved back down belowthe To and CC fields.
I have tried moving the toolbars to where needed, holding down the Shift key, clicking File>Save All and then setting the Outcmd.datfile to read only but this doesn't fix the issue.
I have also tried other solutions such as; Renaming Outcmd.dat, Frmcache.dat and extend.dat to Outcmd.old, Frmcache.old and extend.old. but still the problem persists.
I am running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro SP3 using Word 2003 as my email editor. ANy help gratefully appreciated!

Leepaci 13:54 16 Sep 2010

I have also disabled all Add-ins thaht may affect my toolbars.
Somebody also suggested that I edit the Email.dot file but I believe that only affect fonts, etc rather than toolbars layout?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?