Outlook SMTP Problem

sgiliau 13:27 31 Jan 2006

I have had no problems until the last week or so...

I use outlook to send/receive e-mails through my work account as well as my msn personal account.

I can receive messages no problem through both accounts, but recently it is becoming difficult to send e-mails through my business account.

I get the following error:

OX800CCC78 "Unable to send the message - please verify the e-mail address in your account properties"

I have changed from bt broadband to aol in the last month, but it is only the last few days that i have had problems

any ideas?

recap 13:35 31 Jan 2006

Try this click here

Damn Machine 13:44 31 Jan 2006

If you're using Outlook (not Outllok Express)have a look at click here

Towards the bottom of the page. Might help.

sgiliau 13:55 31 Jan 2006

Damn Machine - there doesn't seem to be any info there that i can use, sorry

a friend mentioned that i may need to change the smtp address as i am now using aol not bt. however, my smtp was set up with my work website address previously and not a bt one - it still worked fine - the POP3 address was also the same

it seems that some messages go through eventually but take a lot longer and some only go through if i re-send them several times. some messages don't go through at all though....

recap 14:09 31 Jan 2006

click here for a step by step guide on how to set up an AOL account in Outlook Express. Hope that solves your problem?

Forum Editor 14:10 31 Jan 2006

that you are using AOL as an ISP, but attempting to send via someone else's SMTP server? If so, you'll find that AOL will almost certainly stop you, it's called relaying, and they probably don't permit that.

sgiliau 09:41 01 Feb 2006

thanks for you help - but so far...no joy!

can i clarify that i am only using aol as my broadband provider? i do not use aol on my pc for e-mails or as my homepage etc. i am part of a wireless network. my flat mate has aol installed and i am able to connect to the internet with my wireless receiver, picking up the signal from his pc downstairs.

i use microsoft outlook not outlook express and have not had problems for the last 2 weeks of using it, until the last couple of days. which indicates to me that i should be able to send e-mails (after all, i can receive them no problem)

i cannot understand why it has suddenly stoppped working correctly....please help, as it is affecting my work!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?