Outlook setup - no reply

osben 09:46 09 Oct 2014

Hi I am using Outlook 2003 running in Windows 7.

Sometimes when you send an email to another address, an email comes back saying that it is a "no reply email address" so you know there is no point in trying again.

Is there any way that I can set my Outlook so that I can apply this condition to selected third party incoming email addresses so that if someone emails me that I do not want to hear from, they will get the above message sent back.

I know I can direct the unwanted incoming emails to my junk box but that is not what I want.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ian in Northampton 11:17 09 Oct 2014

The received wisdom is that you never send anything back to spammers, as doing so merely confirms that they have your valid email address. But perhaps you're talking not so much about spam as emails from companies you've dealt with in the past and to whom you gave your email address? In that case, reputable companies would normally not only provide an unsubscribe option on their emails to you - and would action that request. Disreputable companies would just ignore anything you send them. I'm not sure how to do what you want to do in Outlook, but I'm suspecting it would probably be a waste of time.

Woolwell 11:21 09 Oct 2014

You can probably do it using message rules but the email stating that it is a "no reply email address" gives the correct email address so as Ian states it is probably a waste of time and all it will do is confirm that the email address exists.

Jollyjohn 11:34 09 Oct 2014

Google - Outlook block sender or see here -click here can block individual senders or their domain.

You

lotvic 12:03 09 Oct 2014

..an email comes back saying that it is a "no reply email address"

you are receiving an automated email response message.

Here is how to do it and write your own auto response template message to be sent to selected recipients using a mail rule in Outlook 2003 ClickHere email.about.com

Other options include blocking the sender so that you do not receive their emails or bouncing them back to them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?