Outlook Settings Question

shaneoneill 01:07 21 Aug 2008

Hi,

I am moving all my data from an old PC to a new one.. over the years in Outlook any email that was sent was remembered so that anytime I went to include a new recipient in a new mail, Outlook would promt me all of the names e.g. If I typed A-D-A-M it would list all mails sent to A then A-D .. then A-D-A and so on ..

I want to export all of this data within Outlook onto my new PC .. is this possible?

Thanks,
Shane

Forum Editor 07:30 21 Aug 2008

In Outlook, go to 'File' on the toolbar, and select 'Import and Export'.

A dialogue box will open, in which you should select 'Export to a file' and click next.

Now select 'Personal folder file (.pst)' and click next.

Select the folder marked 'Contacts'and click next.

Delete the file path that will appear automatically and click the 'Browse' button. Look for 'Desktop' right click on it and select 'New' and then 'Folder'. Name your folder anything you like, and then click OK.

Now click on 'Finish' and Outllok will make a copy of your contacts list in the folder you created.

Put a copy of this folder on a CD and use that in your new PC - open Outlook and go back to the 'Import and export' wizard, only this time select 'Import', and follow the prompts to navigate to your CD. Open the folder on the CD and import the file that will be called 'backup'.

Now you'll have all your contacts available in your new copy of Outlook.

shaneoneill 11:23 22 Aug 2008

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone