OUTLOOK - recovering addresses after crash

Dirty Dick 13:29 30 Aug 2008

I have just had a major crash with my laptop, running Vista.

a dialogue box came up saying put in the Vista disc. I followed the on screen instructions, and it appears that it has re-installed Vista !

I have tried Acronis True Image to recover the data, and I have managed to recover my folders & files, BUT I can't find where the mailbox and e-mail contacts are.

When I explore the hard drive I can see another folder called "windows.old", and there is about 25Gb of info there, and I can gain access to the folders within it via Acronis, but I can't find the Outlook info.

Can anyone suggest how I can recover my Outlook data?

Thanx

DD

Taff™ 13:55 30 Aug 2008

Which Version of Outlook are you using? Outlook files are .pst and are hidden so in Vista you need to use the advanced search and enter *.pst in the search box. I suggest you search the entire C drive and view details to see the modified date. You may find several outlook.pst files. The date and size will indicate which is the likely one. Right click them and select Open File Location to see where they are.

Dirty Dick 09:20 31 Aug 2008

Thanx for that, I've retrieved all the info I need BUT I have even a bigger problem. I have decided to go for a complete reformat, with a clean sheet, but it won't let me re-format the drive. I am going to re-post that as a seperate thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?