Outlook & Public Holidays

sibaw 19:54 22 Mar 2006

Does anyone know how to set up outlook so that the UK public holidays actually show in the calendar, rather than in the events view? I have added the UK holidays by selecting in the tools/options/calendar options/add holidays.

VoG II 20:04 22 Mar 2006
  sibaw 10:03 25 Mar 2006

Thanks VoG but I do not have an outlook.txt file, or a 1033 folder. I am using Office XP standard. I can see the holidays in outlook category view - view/current view/by category, but they do not appear on the pages of the diary, so I tend to make appointments on things like easter etc

VoG II 12:08 25 Mar 2006
  Marsh Warden © ™ 13:44 25 Mar 2006

After you add the holidays go to View\Current View and select Day/Week/Month and you should see the fixed holidays (New Years Day/Xmas Day etc. Holidays such as Good Friday/Easter Day are movable feasts IE they don't occur on the same day each year so they are not shown. I can't think of any way to show these.

sibaw 18:20 25 Mar 2006

thanks to you both, I can see the holidays, but they used to appear in the calendar. Now I can either view the calendar, or choose category view and see the bank holidays. What I want is to see the holidays in my day/week/month view.

thanks for your time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)