Outlook Problems

thicasabrick 13:58 05 Apr 2009

Can anyone please help me sort out my outlook problems. The story so far, reinstalled windows xp on my computer yesterday have been trying since then to set up my e-mail account, (blueyonder.co.uk)filled in all the details as I think they should be but somethings not right. I've tried to send myself an email as a check but I'm not recieving it. If anymore info required just ask. Thanks for any help in advance.

VoG II 14:06 05 Apr 2009

This may help click here

thicasabrick 14:10 05 Apr 2009

Thanks for the quick reply VoG but that instruction is for outlook express, I was using outlook before yesterday, I would like to stick with it if possible

VoG II 14:18 05 Apr 2009

It erroneously mentions OE but it is for Outlook 2000.

thicasabrick 14:38 05 Apr 2009

VoG if you click on "Tools" in Outlook it is a different set of pages to go through the set up procedure, than it is if you click on "Tools" in Outlook Express. My problem is I want to set up "Outlook", not "Outlook Express" Thanks for taking the time to help me, can you offer any more suggestions.

Woolwell 15:01 05 Apr 2009

Are you using Outlook 2007 because the link that VoG™ gave is for Outlook. The 2007 version looks slightly different but the settings are the same.
Click on Tools Account settings. It will be a POP account.

thicasabrick 15:45 05 Apr 2009

Woolwell it is a POP account what do I need to do next. Thanks

thicasabrick 17:12 05 Apr 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?