Outlook Problems

axelbrora 23:13 12 Dec 2006

I have just changed my email programme from Outlook Express to Outlook to allow syncronisation with my PDA.

2 initial queries from several annoyances:

1. How do you configure OL to check for new messages immediately on start up? This was a simple tick in a box on OE, but I cannot find a way on OL.

2. How do you quickly select who the outgoing email is from when you have three email accounts? Again very easy on OE, there was a drop down "from" box above the "to" with the three email accounts listed to select from. I can see the option to add the "from" box but there is no drop down box and if you double click on the "from" it takes you to the address book.

Any help would be appreciated

Axel

anskyber 23:19 12 Dec 2006

Tools, options, mail set up for the first.

anskyber 23:20 12 Dec 2006

For the second I have the drop down tab which you have described to choose between e mail accounts.

axelbrora 23:37 12 Dec 2006

Second now resolved, thanks.

I have looked at tools/option/mail and can only see the option to "send immediately" or send/receive on exit, or scheduled checking. I cannot see anything to check on start up??

Axel

Woolwell 23:38 12 Dec 2006

To select which account to send from:

Start a new message and on the toolbar of the new message there is a drop down box marked accounts. Choose your account which you wsih to send from.

I have 3 accounts and it works for me.

Woolwell 23:48 12 Dec 2006

You probably found it while I was writing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?