Outlook problems

steve263000 11:44 03 Oct 2006

I use Outlook as my main email client, and on the whole it is very good. However, there is one annoying feature that I have not been able to sort out.

Very often when I recieve a email, I get two of the same ones. If I am getting some stuff from friends that might contain large attachments, then this is a waste of time and a nuisance. I have been to the help site of M.S. and dowloaded the updates, which I was told would fix it. However the double emails still keep coming.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Aargh 12:18 03 Oct 2006

Are you sure that your friends aren't simply sending them twice? It is more common than you think, especially if they are sending large attachments - some people keep clicking away on the send button thinking it will speed things up!

steve263000 14:48 03 Oct 2006

No I know that have not. I have asked them to be careful, and this happens even with emails from firms and other professional bodies that have automatic email senders.

VoG II 14:51 03 Oct 2006

Have you tried click here

Which version of Outlook is it?

namtas 16:38 03 Oct 2006

steve263000. I was intersted in your problem and also seek a solution, my problem has just started and I get 4 or 5 of the same email each time I boot up. I am with NTL. I do not have leave a copy on server ticked.

steve263000 09:20 04 Oct 2006

That is the version, and I am now downloading SP3 so that I can then download the fix. I do not think that I have 'leave a copy on the server' ticked. How do I check that?

steve263000 10:54 04 Oct 2006

Just as a note, I have managed to check, and I am not leaving a copy of the message on the server. I have downloaded SP3, and when I tried to install, a message to the effect that the install could not go ahead as I did not have the required pack in the computer came up.

rawprawn 15:29 04 Oct 2006

click here look and see if you need an update first before the SP3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone