Outlook problem with W7

TOFF 19:09 01 Jan 2010

Hi - I cannot get my previously functioning Office 2007 Outlook programme to work. The first indciation was that the McAfee Spamkiller add-in was causing the problem and Outlook closed down and wouldn't open in safe mode, nor were any of the diagnostics a success.
Consequently I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times, even following Microsoft's advice on how to delete registry entries and so on. I tried this twice and with a different version of Office 2007 but to no avail. I fear that Microsoft's advice is for Vista and XP and may not be quite the same in W7. McAfee forums highlight the problems with Spamkiller snd it is suggested that you remove the add-in from Outlook. If only I could get into Outlook to do that...........
Another thing - I tried to use Eudora but as soon as I tried to import my Outlook file, it crashed.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

BRYNIT 20:01 01 Jan 2010

A little more information would help ie error messages and what you have tried.

If you uninstall/reinstall and leave the original pst file you will have the same problem.

Have you tried to do a repair of the pst file using the scanpst.exe from the Office 2007 folder.

Another suggestion from this thread may help click here

TOFF 21:25 01 Jan 2010

Brynit. Thanks. The pst file is the one thing that has not been mucked around with by me but may be corrupted. How do you run scanpst.exe? I tried it in Start > Run but it doean't work. I have tried searching for the file but to no avail.

TOFF 21:57 01 Jan 2010

Brynit. Found it don't worry. Will let you know if it works.

TOFF 17:13 03 Jan 2010

Brynit - eventually used a programme called Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST repair. Worked a dream but cost me rather a lot. All fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone