Outlook personal folders

collinsc 10:32 04 Feb 2008

I have set up a file for my outlook in ‘personal folders’. How can I check to see where these mails will be saved?

Thanks

peter99co 10:44 04 Feb 2008

Outlook Inbox allows you to control a destination using ORGANIZE from the TOOLS dropdown menu
Try search in HELP and SUPPORT for Organize Are you using outlook for emailing instead of outlook express?

collinsc 16:45 04 Feb 2008

thanks for responding

yes im using outlook for email rather than outlook express - erm... whats the difference!?

collinsc 11:19 05 Feb 2008

hi

unfortunatley thats not really told me what i need to know...

and whats the difference between using outlook and outlook express!?

cheers

Technotiger 11:23 05 Feb 2008
  collinsc 12:03 05 Feb 2008

ill read it! cheers

peter99co 14:11 05 Feb 2008

You should check out Mailwasher if you have not already done so re Spam. A good link though. I think Office Outlook is a good system of emailing because it allows for total control of contacts/mail using word as editor/and the calender function adds to usability and I dont think Collinsc has touched the surface of Outlook yet. all inward mail can be sent to individual folders using the organize option.

peter99co 14:26 05 Feb 2008

I was also told once that OUTLOOK was more secure than OUTLOOK EXPRESS but don't have confirmation to offer.I personally use OUTLOOK on a daily basis.You Should be aware that the ADDRESS BOOKS for each is DIFFERENT unless somebody can tell me how to move addresses from one to the other.When I started using Outlook my CONTACTS list was empty but as more and more mails are received the contact list builds up plus I add New as reqd.Even the Calendar can record your contact record when appointments are made in day to day entries.

Technotiger 14:31 05 Feb 2008

I don't use Outlook nor Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?