outlook on office 2007 or outlook express what is

frankie 19:32 26 Jul 2007

outlook on office 2007 or outlook express what is best on vista laptop? in your valued opinions,thanks for looking

wee eddie 19:42 26 Jul 2007

Outlook Express is free and adequate for most folk.

Outlook is a PIM that costs an arm and a leg but if you have M$ Office it will be there and I'd use it, as you have many more options for storing information about your Contacts.

I am still unable to understand why Outlook does not have a page for Family Information on each Contact.

VoG II 19:44 26 Jul 2007

I thought that Vista had Windows Mail, not OE?

JustinJSY 20:14 26 Jul 2007

Outlook is far better than Outlook express. Windows Mail is the new name for Outlook Express but there is hardly any difference. My understanding is that Windows Mail is included with all Vista systems. I have Windows Mail on my Vista Laptop and Office on my XP Desktop, and would definitely go for Office if I had the choice.

frankie 20:17 26 Jul 2007

vista does have mail,so if i opt for outlook will it work on vista or should i disable it and go for mail as default,laptop running fine on vista do not want to buck the system.

wee eddie 20:47 26 Jul 2007

If you are just using it for mail, it's 6 of 1 and half-a-dozen of the other.

If you are mailing any of your Contacts in Outlook then go with that.

QuizMan 20:55 26 Jul 2007

The basic versions of Office 2007 do not include Outlook. Certainly the student and teacher version does not. I've seen Windows Mail running although I currently do not use it. For e-mails it looks identical to Outlook (not OE), but there's no calendar, tasks etc. Also you can import Outlook PST files into it.

frankie 20:58 26 Jul 2007

company have given me office 2007 pro,

VoG II 21:04 26 Jul 2007

click here may help you.

As far as I can see there is little difference between Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2002/3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?