Outlook - Not sending e-mails from btinternet.com accounts

David.W. 22:45 23 Jan 2015

I have a btinternet.com, an aol.co.uk and a live.co.uk. I use Outlook 2010 as my e-mail client. Btinternet and aol connect with POP3 and live.co.uk with MAPI. A week ago any e-mails sent from the btinternet account are not being transmitted. They go as normal from outbox to sent items but do not then get transmitted to the server. No error message is received. Aol works fine as does live.co.uk. I can continue to download e-mails from any of the three servers without problem. I have tried deleting and setting up a new Outlook profile but with no avail. Apart from my main btinternet account I have two sub accounts from it but being btinternet they do not send either. I can send e-mails from the btinternet account using BT Mail in a browser. I have spoken with both BT and Microsoft but neither can resolve the problem. Any ideas? My operating system is Windows 8.1.

lotvic 01:29 24 Jan 2015

It seems you are not the only one that has had/still has this problem community.bt.com/page/4 and community.bt.com/t5/Email/bt-emails-sent-but-not-being-received

northumbria61 07:50 24 Jan 2015

Have you tried a Repair Outlook ?

David.W. 10:34 24 Jan 2015

Thanks, Northumbria61. Yes, I have and it doesn't solve the problem. I think the issue is with BT. I can send through Outlook from my aol account, which like btinternet goes through POP3. It is the btinternet one that causes the problem and I'm sure has arisen with the migration from BT Yahoo to BT Mail. I know that others are having problems.

Jollyjohn 12:14 24 Jan 2015

The issue is with BT. Try recreating the BT account using the following settings POP3

Server: mail.btinternet.com

Port: 995 (this should be automatically populated if you tick SSL Encryption)

SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)

Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part

Password: your btinternet password

POP from folder: By default, POP will pull emails from your Inbox

SMTP

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com

Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)

SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)

Authentication: PLAIN

Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part

Password: your btinternet password

Please do NOT enable "secure password authentication" (SPA). It's not needed when you use SSL encryption and won't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?