Outlook Not Opening

winegem 16:38 06 Sep 2009

After starting my machine yesterday I am unable to start my outlook. It asked me to open it in safe mode which also did not work. It then asked me to insert MS office Professional which i did. it then came up with the following : Error 1311 Source file not Found D:\ (and then the no.) I have retried it on several occasions but no joy. I did download some software for a new phone using the D drive the day before. Anyone any ideas i am a bit of a technophobe?

VoG II 16:59 06 Sep 2009

You could try this click here

Or possibly click here

winegem 17:32 06 Sep 2009

Ok thanks i will have a go at them.

winegem 18:04 06 Sep 2009

Thanks - I don't have a network share (not too sure what it is) so tried to copy the cd onto my hard drive (c). It did a few files and then didn't work:
'cannot copy ACCESSRT: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
what should i do next.
thanks

VoG II 18:10 06 Sep 2009

That sounds like the CD is dirty or damaged. Try cleaning it carefully click here

If that doesn't work you could try cleaning your CD drive - you can get special disks to do this.

winegem 21:00 09 Sep 2009

I followed all the instructions but when it came to reinstalling office professional it stopped half way through and would not go any further. it did not give any reasonas why it stopped. Any ideas now please.

winegem 22:14 10 Sep 2009

I have now tried to follow the set up outlined above and it only gets to a certain level and then stops. Any idea what i can do. I have been without emails since the weekend. i am very nervous of losing all my data from outlook if i have to reinstall things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?