Outlook Network Password

JonnieBoy 19:22 29 Nov 2011

I use MS Outlook 2010 to access my emails (OS is Windows 7, ISP is BT)

Over the last few weeks I am regularly asked to enter my network password, sometimes this works - other times it asks over and over again. If I leave it to time out I get the following error message...

"The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#IS6532)

After literally 50 or more prompts tonight, I really feel like throwing the PC out of the window.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to sort this out will be gratefully received.

Thanks J

JonnieBoy 19:34 29 Nov 2011

also get other errors, just had this one....

"xxxxxx - Receiving reported error (0x8004210A) The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message etc...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 29 Nov 2011
  Woolwell 20:15 29 Nov 2011

Try increasing your server timeout settings http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 look down near the end

JonnieBoy 21:23 29 Nov 2011

OK, thanks guys - I'll try these and report back.

JonnieBoy 23:22 29 Nov 2011

seem to have sorted it by changing the password on my email account on BT's site and then amending the settings on outlook.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Appreciate the advice. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017