Outlook Message Arrival Icon

redandwhite 16:48 01 Jul 2008

Hi There

I've just got a new laptop and have lost the envelope icon that appears in my taskbar to tell me I have a new outlook message. Can anyone tell me how to switch it on? I've gone to properties and I don't have the envelope icon in the customize notifications pop up.

Thanks!

Newuser939 18:48 01 Jul 2008

Tools-Options-Preferences-Email Options-Advanced Email Options should get you there.

redandwhite 14:32 02 Jul 2008

Thanks Newuser939. When I go there the 'show an envelope icon in the notification area is ticked but the icon still isn't appearing. Any other suggestions?

oldbeefer2 15:50 02 Jul 2008

Do you have the little double arrows in the notification area? I bet the envelope is hiding to the left of that - mine did. Right click the arrows, then change the envelope to 'always show'.

oldbeefer2 15:55 02 Jul 2008

P.S. ....or follow this:

To customize notifications
Right-click the taskbar, and then click Properties.
On the Taskbar tab, under Notification area, select the Hide inactive icons check box.
Click Customize.
In the Name column, click the notification you want to change, in the Behavior column, click the behavior you want in the list, and then click OK.
On the Taskbar tab, click Apply.

redandwhite 16:35 02 Jul 2008

Thanks oldbeefer2. I tried the first of your suggestions and the envelope just isn't showing. I then tried the second and unfortunately again the envelope isn't there. Maybe I'm just destined not to have the envelope! Thanks again.

rawprawn 19:42 02 Jul 2008

repair Outlook,It's part of MS Office. Put your disc in and repair

starfish1 12:32 03 Jul 2008

In outlook go to options, preferences, email options, advanced email options then check box to show envelope and play sound when mail arrives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie