Outlook links take me to my hard drive

kinger 23:39 21 Feb 2004

When someone types a link in an email and sends it to me I used to be able to click on the link and it would take me to the site.

However, all that happens now after clicking on a link is that a window opens asking me to select a file on my hard drive. (all exe files).

How can I swap it back so as clicking on any link in an email takes me to the correct destination?

K!

howard60 06:38 22 Feb 2004

I think this is a setting in IE - tools - internet options. it could be in the security tab I have mine set to low.

kinger 17:09 23 Feb 2004

Thanks for your reply, no it's not that. It could well be a setting in Outlook but I can't find it.

My Notebook PC works fine but my desktop won't take me to web sites if the links are in an email.

Instead, it opens a window for me to select a file on my hard drive...strange one this.

taipan 17:37 23 Feb 2004

I too have the same problem. Where links won't work at all. Have you tried looking in folder options and at what program is set to open the files.

I have tried changing it but I still have the same problem.

You never know it may work for you.

kinger 20:23 23 Feb 2004

I'll take a look now. It was working but something must have happened to stop it.

kinger 20:48 23 Feb 2004

... I found that it's working for some links but not others. I may be getting closer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone