Outlook Express - XP Accounts

Capital Idea 07:03 16 Feb 2006

Setting up our new PC, I seem to mave geven my wife and kids all our own outlook e-mail adressesand can send mail to each of the adresses.

Only problem seems to be whoever logs on gets all the mail for everyone - I guess this is because we all have the same adress after the "@" ??

Is there any way to (simply!) cahange the settings so only the amils for the particualar account are downloaded from the ISP when they log on to therre account.

Any assistance greatfully recieved.

Forum Editor 07:30 16 Feb 2006

to set up individual mailboxes with your ISP, so each of you has a separate login. Then you can create different mail accounts in Outlook Express. That way, each person will receive only his/her mail.

Big Trev 09:42 16 Feb 2006

As an alternative to this you can set up a rule in Tools, Rules stating that if an email contains "whatever it may be" in the "TO" line it should be left on the server.

Do this for each account.

Works for me.

Capital Idea 14:05 18 Feb 2006

Thank you guys,

Got it sorted with a combination of the above and doing what I should have done in the first place, looking at the ISP help page.

One little wrinkle was that my account and e-mail dates back to Freeserve days while all the explanations reffer to wanadoo - hence spent quite a while working out had to keep the "freeserve in the new accounts and mails to get them to work - not realy mentioned on the W help pages....

Thank you again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone