Outlook Express won't open

palinka 20:24 09 Apr 2007

The friend i've been helping for sometime has a new problem that i can't solve: when she double clicks on the OE icon on the desktop the blue rectangle saying Outlook Express...etc appears in centre of the screen as usual but then stays like that; the program doesn't open. When I went to have a look I opened something else at that point, and when I closed that I found OE had eventually opened. But it had taken several minutes.
Any solutions please?
OS is XP Pro; new machine; plenty of power and RAM. My friend is a complete newbie but was getting on well with accessing her emails, and then this problem happened suddenly.

beeuuem 20:39 09 Apr 2007

There are several possible causes. The commonest is that the folders are full but most of the options are covered click here

palinka 22:08 09 Apr 2007

thanks very much , beeuuem. I'll check out those suggestions.

palinka 20:56 10 Apr 2007

Further info - went round there today and found that if you wait for a while after boot up before opening OE it does open and all is normal thereafter. After that you can close OE and open it again as often as you like without problems.
We also noticed that at first switch-on of IE the google toolbar is missing, and that too comes on after things have "warmed up". Are these problems related?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires