Outlook express on windows 7

Newuser2533 22:39 01 Nov 2013

I have a bunch of emails from 2004 saved on a CD. On my Windows 7 Ultimate I am using em Client as my email send/receive. I don't wish to import these emails from 2004 into em client but would like to view them in a similar manner that Outlook express allowed me to do. Is there a program that would let me do this please. Thanking you in anticipation. Ron

lotvic 22:50 01 Nov 2013

Try Free program MiTeC Mail Viewer Standalone software, no installation required. You can download it from Snapfiles click here

user1111 18:52 24 Jan 2014

Here is a version of Outlook express that really works on windows 7 and 8, Download Here: click here

Enjoy!

user1111 18:53 24 Jan 2014

Here is a version of Outlook express that really works on windows 7 and 8, Download Here: click here

Enjoy!

Batch 17:53 26 Jan 2014

That OE for W7 & 8 that user111 refers to looks interesting.

BUT a word of warning - it seems the install package linked to is very new (20Jan14) and effectively an unknown quantity. Although it has been scanned on virustotal.com and shows no known malware, it could still have issues. Who knows whether it scans your emails for personal info. for example?

Also, no disrespect intended, but user1111 has never posted on these forums before, so is also an unknown quantity.

alanrwood 18:31 26 Jan 2014

Yes I thought along similar lines to Batch although I* am less suspicious with this than some others. If anyone tries this maybe they could post back here on their results so that we are all aware of this possible way to help others in a similar situation.

Batch 10:47 27 Jan 2014

Another possible concern is that the old OE files used will never be updated, no matter what security holes may still exist in them.

At least with latest software one has the expectation that any holes discovered will get fixed. Although I have to say in using Thunderbird I find it disconcerting as to how many critical errors get fixed at each (not infrequent) update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?