outlook express urgent help please

iqs 10:28 09 Mar 2007

I accidently uninstalled Outlook Express via add/remove programs.At the time I was using BT's own e-mail service.Now I am signing with Virgin Media,the problem,they use Outlook.I have tried to locate the software from Microsoft,it comes as a package with IE 6 sp1,which I already have.

I checked in Program files,and found the Outlook folder.There are 12 sub folders,one is called MSIMU.EXE.When clicked it open the Oulook e-mail page.
How to I reinstall Oulook,so it listed in ADD/REMOVE and also listed in All Programs please.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

VoG II 10:41 09 Mar 2007

2. Reinstall Outlook Express 6.0 on a computer that is running Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional.

a. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.

b. In Add or Remove Programs, click Add/Remove Windows Components.

c. In the Components list, click to select the Outlook Express check box, and then click Next.

d. After Outlook Express is installed, click Finish.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:42 09 Mar 2007

Do you want to install OUTLOOK or OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

To reinstall OE - ADD/Remove programs - Add windows components - tick the Outlook Express box click next.

Outlook is part of MS Office.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:43 09 Mar 2007

B*****
I've been VoG™ed again

:0)

iqs 17:32 09 Mar 2007

Hello VoG and Fruit Bat/\0/\,I'm at work at present,I will follow your suggestions tonight.I will keep you informed.Thank you for your help.

iqs 11:32 10 Mar 2007

Hi ,I followed your advice,have checked in Microsoft Office,I now have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.Is the correct?.Thanks,Mike

Technotiger 11:53 10 Mar 2007

To download and install Outlook Express for emails -

click here

Outlook and Outlook Express are two different things.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:53 10 Mar 2007

Either will work.

Have you set up your e-mail address yet?

click here

iqs 17:47 10 Mar 2007

Hi Technotiger,I have downloaded Outlook,but when I click to install,a box appears asking to search the internet,or select a program to use to open.Neither options will install Outlook.

Hi Fruit/\0/\.I have not set up an e-mail address yet,I was waiting until Vigin Media is installed.Can one be created brfore?.

Thank you both for your help.Regards,Mike

Technotiger 18:04 10 Mar 2007

Strange ?? did you click on the Download Now button? Tucows downloads are usually very accurate.

iqs 18:14 10 Mar 2007

Tried it twice???.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone