Outlook Express text is not full width of screen

timothywilliam 20:36 14 Nov 2004

Text not the full width in OE.

I run Windows XP and have OE 6.

Sometimes, but not always, the text in lengthy documents I receive in Outlook Express do not go the full width of the page on screen, nor when copied and pasted to a Word document, does the layout change. On other occasions the full width will be used in OE and it transfers fine to Word.. I don’t know why this is but it is a lengthy process to realign all the text when I transfer it to the Word document and it makes a document twice as long of course.
Have I got something wrong in my page set up ? Does everyone have this happen and if not can you tell me how I can correct it- please ?

boot-it-out 08:59 15 Nov 2004

Hi Timothy,

This could be as simple as the way your message sender typed the message if they added a few Carriage return strokes on their keyboard.

eg If they were typing the text in a "smaller" Window or different Screen resolution than yours then they might be filling up a line and entering a Carriage Return stroke.

If you open the message up in a Word document, or copy and paste it into Word, you should then be able to click the "Show/Hide" button on the toolbar and see where the sender put their Carriage return strokes.

If you can't see the Show/Hide button ( usually displayed to the left of the page size box ) then click on View / Toolbars and select "Standard"

The Show / Hide button has the same symbol that is used to display a Carriage return stroke - it looks like 2 vertical lines with a small semi circle top left.

This in itself won't fix the problem but it might at least explain what's going on !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?