Outlook Express terminates connection

Inverjazz 07:04 03 Mar 2004

As soon as I hit the Send/R... button up comes an error report saying "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection...Protocol=Pop3, port 110, secure(SSL):no, error number = 0X800CCC0F..."
but the connection hasn't been terminated, and the server is OK. I've repaired IE6 which made no difference. I recently installed Norton Antivirus 2003, but i'm not sure if the problem started from then.

Diodorus Siculus 07:51 03 Mar 2004

Is NAV checking mail as it is being sent out? If so, disable that option and see what is happening?

Inverjazz 09:50 03 Mar 2004

Many thanks,DS, that was it. I had to uncheck "Scan Incoming Mail," which isn't very useful. My previous version of Norton didn't have this problem, which was on a cover disc, which I no longer have!

Diodorus Siculus 10:34 03 Mar 2004

I think that scan incoming mail can be useful. Scan outgoing mail is not particularly helpful though... this is what I think was causing your problems.

Inverjazz 15:46 03 Mar 2004

Sorry, I meant it's not very useful having "scan incoming mail" disabled.

Diodorus Siculus 16:49 03 Mar 2004

OK; my misunderstanding. Pleased it's sorted out.

Stuartli 16:55 03 Mar 2004

Just in case..

Have you checked that the Outlook Express Send/Receive panel hasn't got the Hang Up When Finished box enabled?

Inverjazz 07:14 04 Mar 2004

Thanks, but I didn't look at that. I think I'll just leave things as they are. By the way, Scan Outgoing Mail had no effect checked or unchecked.

Inverjazz 07:50 04 Mar 2004

Me again. Ignore the last sentence in my previous message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?