Outlook express steals emails and will not send

raysophie 15:22 20 Oct 2008

I think I am going mad, I use BT Yahoo Mail for email but wanted to set up Outlook Express (OE) for calender etc. When I click on my desktop icon for OE it opens and takes any emails from my BT Yahhoo inbox and puts them in the OE inbox, if I then try to send a email I get the following message.This was trying to forward aan email to myself from OE inbox.
I have tried several cures but with no luck, can anyone help?
Ray
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'raymond,[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: Hangover Result', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 From: address not verified; see click here', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Ventad 15:31 20 Oct 2008

click here .perhaps this will help

wjrt 15:59 20 Oct 2008

Urgent – emails you send from non–BT Yahoo! Mail addresses via our SMTP servers may be blocked
Dear Customer,
You've received an Error 553 message because we've upgraded your BT Yahoo! Mail security to help prevent identity fraud and spam.
These enhancements will help protect you from 'spoofing' – when people use alternate addresses to disguise an email's real sender, possibly to commit fraud.
Making the improvements work
For the security improvements to work, we need you to take a few minutes now to verify each of the alternate email addresses you use in BT Yahoo! Mail. This will confirm that these email addresses are genuine.
Please verify addresses now to avoid any further blocking of your outgoing emails.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions at click here. You won't be asked for any personal information, but you'll need to log in to your account to make the changes. Your BT Yahoo! Mail address is
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you can’t remember your password, please use our
automated password re-set tool
We're committed to helping you get the most from your award-winning BT Yahoo! Mail. The changes we've made will help reduce spam on the network and improve your enjoyment of the service. We hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience and appreciate your co-operation.
Kind regards,
BT Total Broadband team
Please note that this is an automatically generated email for your information only. Unfortunately we cannot respond to 'replies' to this address.
To ensure future emails from BT are delivered to your inbox and not treated as spam, please add [email protected] to your address book.
This email was sent to your email address because you subscribe to BT service.

Subscribe to BT Emails | Log in to BT | Contact us | Privacy policy

British Telecommunications plc. Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England No. 1800000.

raysophie 16:49 20 Oct 2008

Thanks have tried this and as expected found lots of faults, then found out they want $29 to purchase full package, from other forums seems that this does not allways work and people have not been able to get promised refund. Will have to wait for another solution.

Daveboy 18:48 20 Oct 2008

check your OE account settings via tools-accounts,incoming & outgoing are mail.btinternet.com

lotvic 22:17 20 Oct 2008

re the link for RegCure posted by ventad
RegCure is not well thought of and regarded as a scam click here

read other threads on pcadvisor
click here
click here

brundle 22:50 20 Oct 2008

You have a comma in your outgoing address. Change it to a dot. (raymond,peck)

brundle 22:53 20 Oct 2008

As for it `stealing` emails, go into the account settings and make sure `Leave a copy of messages on the server` is checked. click here

beeuuem 23:35 20 Oct 2008

Further to 'brundles' sugggestion - in OE go to Tools > Options > General tab and untick 'Send and receive messages at startup'. This will allow you only to receive mail if you go to Send/Receive.

raysophie 12:10 21 Oct 2008

I am going to give up and uninstall Outlook express and start again Thanks everyone for your help

brundle 14:24 21 Oct 2008

It's the account information that's wrong, remove/re-install is unlikely to make any difference. It's receiving correctly and giving you appropriate messages when it can't. Remove and re-enter your account info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?