Outlook Express - Spell Check

Granddad Ray 10:30 24 Apr 2005

Although Spell Check is selected every time I send an e-mail I get the following message:_
The Spell Check on this document was halted. Do you wish to send anyway? Whilst I can get round the problem by opting to send anyway, I do not know how to cure it and I do miss the feature. Can you help me?

Stuartli 10:53 24 Apr 2005

OE uses the spelling check feature of an application such as Word on your system - perhaps it has been corrupted?

If you do have Word, try going to Help, clicking on the chevrons and selecting Detect and Repair; you will probably need your Word installation disk.

john-232317 10:58 24 Apr 2005

Check in ,tools - options - Spelling tab, that spelling is ticked.

VoG II 14:39 25 Apr 2005

click here (applies to OE 6 as well)

GroupFC 15:35 25 Apr 2005

When I had this problem it was because of the Csapi3t1.dll problem as indicated by VoG™'s "click here".

The file can be obtained from click here and need to be put in Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof.

keatesy 16:40 25 Apr 2005

I have had the same problem with Outlook Express, and after visiting many forums it has become apparent to me that alot of people are changing to the Thunderbird email client. I decided to give it a go and am deeply impressed. Not only does it have a spell checker but you can download a dictionary tool for free as well.

Stuartli 19:12 25 Apr 2005

Anyone using Thunderbird will probably have to download the English (rather than US) version of the spell checker (spell-en-GB.xpi) from the Mozilla website.

Once installed, switch the default from Tools<Extensions to the English version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?