Outlook Express - Send/Rec button

johnandjen 10:27 25 Nov 2006

Just moved to talktalk fro broadband. Everything ok apart from OE. The send/rec button does not work. I have to go to the dropdown arrow at the side of the button which then shows:-Send & Receive All(Highlighted),Receive All, Send All, and pop.freeserve.com(default). I have to click on pop.freeserve to get/send my messages. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be? Thanks.

johnnyrocker 10:36 25 Nov 2006

has your oe been re configured with your new isp settings/ server details?

johnny.

johnandjen 10:49 25 Nov 2006

Settings seem ok. I can send and receive messages, but the actual send/rec button doesn`t do it automatically. I use Mailwasher as well but again have no problem with this when moving any messages to my mail program (OE). It`s got me stumped as I`ve tried umpteen changes etc with the settings but still the button won`t work.

johnnyrocker 11:04 25 Nov 2006

sounds like naybe a repair of oe is needed ie if xp run sfc /scan now and have cd to hand if asked, but before that try deleting and recreating the e mail account as it may have become corrupt.

johnny.

johnandjen 11:09 25 Nov 2006

Thanks, but how do I delete and recreate the account. Could I lose all my saved emails etc?

johnnyrocker 11:14 25 Nov 2006

no not at all tools/accounts/mail/ and click remove then reboot and same procedure but click add in top right corner and proceed to recreate the acccount having first made note of your pop settings etc.

johnny.

Wrabitt 11:18 25 Nov 2006

Gates just sent me IE7 without me asking! Half hour download this morning!!!! So how do I find my e-mail? Where has the button gone?
Where can I get 0.5g of Polonium for a Christmas present?
Wrabitt

VoG II 11:21 25 Nov 2006

Right click the toolbar, Customize Command Bar, Add or remove components, in the left pane click on Read Mail, click Add.

johnnyrocker 11:26 25 Nov 2006

wrabit
it not helpful hi jacking threads as poster gets non relevant e mails.

johnny.

johnandjen 12:18 25 Nov 2006

Thanks johnnyrocker..that appears to have done the trick. Cheers. John.

johnnyrocker 23:29 25 Nov 2006

glad to have been of help.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone