Outlook Express. Sending photo's

eric35 11:18 31 Dec 2006

When I send photo's or graphics via email, the receiver gets pages ad pages of script, (no pictures). Photo's are sent as JPEG using HTML.
I have Norton AntiVirus installed.
I have no problem with sending text emails.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?

johnnyrocker 11:21 31 Dec 2006

is this all receivers or one in particular?

johnny.

Technotiger 11:23 31 Dec 2006

Hi, you could try following these instructions ...

click here

jack 11:50 31 Dec 2006

Make sure the images are of a suitable size to send. This usually means reducing the image size.
A useful item for this is 'Shrinkpic' this is a program that run in the background and automatically copies/resizes/ and adds to your mail painlessly without any interference on your part.[click here]
You could so take a look into image hosting
click here or click here

^wave^ 11:51 31 Dec 2006

you could try and use picasa 2 which is free i find this a great way to send pics as it does the down sizing for you

Air_Man 12:17 31 Dec 2006

Another great tool is mailbigfile.com click here

Stick all your photos in a zip file and send them using this. Works a treat.

It should get round the problem you are having - just make sure the recipient is happy to download a file as large as you create though (shouldn't be a problem on broadband, but dialup could take a while).

johnnyrocker 13:12 31 Dec 2006

Asfar as i can remember most receivers have the same problem ie, they receive only pages of gobbledygook. Always people who have AOL as their server. I have used HP Photo Imaging Software sending photo's via the email portal, but this too now gives the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?