Outlook Express problems

Cameraman 10:30 01 Dec 2008

Outlook Express problems Please can you help?---When I send an email whatever size with or without attachments I get the message (Some errors have occurred while possessing the requested task please review the list of errors below for details) there are no details shown. The emails go out OK but remain in the out box only to be sent out every time I go on line (One friend received one email 7 times) and the sent email doesn’t appear in my sent box I have tried removing outlook express using add/remove windows components After backing up files in outlook using ABF software but on installing outlook express the problem is still there—It seems to me that removing outlook express this way it is leaving most of the program installed as when I reinstall from add/remove it doesn’t ask for the XP Disc. Can anyone help you have helped with good advice in the past

Sea Urchin 11:01 01 Dec 2008

Any help here?

click here

Sea Urchin 11:07 01 Dec 2008

Or you can try deleting the Outbox

You need to delete the Outbox.dbx folder. With Outlook Express closed, go to the Store files location. Delete the Outbox.dbx file. Restart OE, and it will recreate the Outbox folder.

The files in the Store folder are hidden. So you have to unhide hidden files. Open Windows Explorer folder and select Tools > Folders Options > View. Check "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.

Cameraman 12:09 01 Dec 2008

Thanks for your suggestions I have tried removing outbox.dbx even from the recycle bin but the problem still is still there .if I send an email to myself it is returned as undelivered I am thinking of removing OE in add/remove again and deleting all OE files that comes up in search and then reinstalling OE from the XP disc or will this cause other problems

brundle 12:15 01 Dec 2008

Removing OE in Add/Remove does little more than remove the icons, if you type msimn.exe at the run box (OE's actual executable) it will pop up as if you'd never changed a thing - emails and address book intact. Import your mail into something better.
Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail are both more secure and reliable alternatives.

Cameraman 10:03 03 Dec 2008

Many thanks for all your help I have tried all including restore and windows repair and the problem still persist so I think the only answer is to format and reinstall (I have everthing backed up) thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie