Outlook Express problems

solano 13:53 30 Jan 2004

Hi

I have 80 messages awaiting collection on my mail server. I try to download them via OE and it keeps getting stuck on message 20 (after downloading the first 19) - it is unable to download the message. I don't think it is a message size issue as I have a broadband connection and have left it open for half an hour. I then have to restart the PC and go back into OE. I then get the first 19 messages again - and it gets stuck again on number 20...repeat ad-infinitum!

Any Ideas, thanks

Diodorus Siculus 14:08 30 Jan 2004

Install MailWasher and have a look at what is on your pop3 server. If there is a problem mail, you can delete it with MW.

Perhaps your mail provider gives web access. If so, have a look via the web.

tbh72 14:09 30 Jan 2004

Who is your ISP? They should give you clear information about using "Telnet Services" to log into your mail account & delete the offending message thus allowing OE to successfully download the remainder.

If you are having trouble finding the information you require post back & we can help you further.

vinnyo123 14:26 30 Jan 2004

it seems like one of your e-mails is to large or corrupt that you have in your inbox.You have to get it and delete it .Your ISP(assuming your using this for e-mail) can do this for you.You didn't mention your ISP or if your using works mail server.Anyway's you can also get to it if your ISP has a webmail sight.As for your connection it is fast but your email server most likely has a size quota for emails.

post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone