outlook express problem-very very urgent

pooperscooper 09:02 07 Jun 2006

Hi, I am using outlook express with xp home....a few days ago it stopped sending and receiveing on one of my e-mail addresses. It downloads all my other e-mails but with this one It keeps asking for the password which, when I put it in the box the box just pops up again, I have used this e-mail address for months so I know there is nothing wrong with it. I even went to a mates house to enter it into their outlook express because I am waiting for some very, very urgent e-mails, it didn't work on his either. It gives me this error message 0x800ccc92 I have been onto the microsoft website and it does actually give you a file to download to stop this problem, so they obviously realise its a problem with them. Anyway I did as they said but the e-mail address still wont work, how on earth can I get my mail as there is potentionally a lot of money waiting for me to collect as I use this e-mail address for business. Can anyone help me please..Thanks in advance Val

Jackcoms 09:08 07 Jun 2006

System Restore

VoG II 09:11 07 Jun 2006
  pooperscooper 09:12 07 Jun 2006

Thanks Vog I will try this, but if the problem is with my computer and not their servers why didn't this e-mail address work on my friends computer, I just want to clear this with you before doing as you ask....Val

pooperscooper 09:13 07 Jun 2006

jackcoms, what do you mean for me to do in system restore????

beynac 09:36 07 Jun 2006

Are you sure that the email address is still active? It sounds to me as if it has expired or been deactivated. I suggest you contact your service provider.

Jackcoms 09:37 07 Jun 2006

Restore your system to a time before the problem started occurring.

Start; Accessories; System Tools; System Restore

pooperscooper 09:45 07 Jun 2006

Vog...I have now done this but it is still not working...beynac...the e-amil address couldn't have expired because I use it every day without fail. And thanks Jackcoms, but that still doen't explain why the e-mail address doesn't work on my friends computer...Any more suggestions?....Val

Jackcoms 09:50 07 Jun 2006

"but that still doen't explain why the e-mail address doesn't work on my friends computer"

Possibly because your friend is using a different ISP to you.

Try System Restore. If that doesn't work, contact your ISP as has already been suggested.

pooperscooper 09:54 07 Jun 2006

Thanks everyone Val

Jackcoms 09:55 07 Jun 2006

So, you've solved it, then.

How?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?