Outlook express problem

Space Aware 21:03 17 Jun 2008

Hi ... My brother sent me 3 emails last night with some photos attached.. the emails are large in size and are no longer downloading... it says.. receiving mail... and then after about 10 minutes i get this message...

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F...

then it just stops downloading the eamils... Any ideas...tried microsoft website... as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!

recap 21:15 17 Jun 2008

click here it may help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:21 17 Jun 2008

his problem is often modem related. The first step is to;

* check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the POP3 and SMTP servers are corect for your ISP, and that your full user name and password are correct. (Tip. Watch out for SMTP spelt as STMP, and that commas are not there in place of full points).
* If this is OK, read the Modem and connections troubleshooting guide click here
* If you're still having problems, it could be that Outlook Express is itself corrupt. Microsoft's instructions on how to delete it and reinstall it, along with making a backup of your address books etc, are at for Windows 95, 98, click here;EN-US;q256219& and ME and for for Windows 2000 click here;EN-US;Q263837&.
* Other suggestions by Microsoft are available click here
* If this has still not resolved your problem Symantec Security Systems have detailed information on modifying your system settings available click here
* If you have Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall and you will need to modify their configuration as advised by Norton and available
* Ensure you do not have email protection setup on your system.

Space Aware 21:38 17 Jun 2008

brilliant thanx for all the help peeps... Pleanty for me to try...although I'm not sure how the server details might have cganged, so not convinced this the problem?

Graham. 22:18 17 Jun 2008

Ask for the photos to be resized smaller and re-sent. Most ISP's have a size limit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?