Outlook Express Problem

Zorgalite 21:25 13 Aug 2006

Hi, just wondering if anyone has seen this problem before, and knows how to fix it.
It is on my mother in laws computer. Recently she had some problems with OE asking for a pass word every time she tried to open it, and when she put in the correct password and username, it just would not open, however this seems to be fixed now and it is working Okay again, apart from that when she sends an email to us her email address has changed to "her name"@brinternet.com instead of "her [email protected](which it should be). If we send her an email to the propper address, she still gets it, but if we reply to her email she doesn't get it (due to the wrong address). Is it easy enough to rectify this problem, or is this something that has been inadvertantly done by a BT person who was giving remote assistance over the telephone. It seems like a simple typing error, as r and t are next to one and other.Any suggestions appreciated.

Taff™ 22:06 13 Aug 2006

In OE go to Tools>Accounts and select the Mail Tab - select her account and then propert button next to it. Find the incorrect return e-mail address and change it.

There was something recently about BT changing e-mail addresses to Btyahoo.com but I can`t find it at the moment and it probably doesn`t apply here anyway. Good Luck.

Zorgalite 22:45 13 Aug 2006

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and see if that cures it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?