Outlook Express problem

Skinn 23:01 25 Mar 2006

I have several email accounts and Outlook Express will not check one of them. This is the message that comes up:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '****', Server: 'mail.oceanfree.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I have checked all of the settings and they are all as the other accounts. Any ideas?

terryf 23:10 25 Mar 2006

Try Tools>Accounts>oceanfree acount (or whatever is the name of the account>Properties>Advanced and increase the server timeout

Skinn 23:15 25 Mar 2006

Increased it to 3.5 minutes but made no difference.

johnnyrocker 23:18 25 Mar 2006

note the settings and then delete recreate the problem account.

johnny

terryf 23:22 25 Mar 2006

Try before you delete/recreate export account to desktop then import otherwise do as johnnyrocker suggests

johnnyrocker 23:33 25 Mar 2006

sounds a bit complcated and i was wondering why you suggested that method?
in the interests of learning that is.

johnny.

terryf 23:37 25 Mar 2006

Because I had two accounts, one of which was causing minor probs and I wanted to remove it temporarily, it is a very simple process go to Tools>accounts click on the relevant account, click on export and a window comes up asking where you want to save the (account name).iaf file. to import reverse the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?