Outlook Express problem.

Alexander P 14:33 30 Sep 2003

My email system has developed a glitch in the last few days. Whenever I click to send or receive email, a dialog box pops up asking me to connect to the internet - even when I am already
connected to the internet. It didn't do this before; now it does. What's going on? Ta.

alan 2273 15:07 30 Sep 2003

What OS are you using

Alexander P 15:09 30 Sep 2003

I'm using Windows XP.

alan 2273 15:37 30 Sep 2003

Have you tried a system restore to before you had these problems.

Djohn 16:07 30 Sep 2003

Open IE, then tools/options and make sure that the correct address is showing in your dial-up window. Double check in Express that the e-mail send/receive details are correct.

Check from the "Connections" tab that Outlook express is set to use your web browser for internet use. j.

DieSse 17:49 30 Sep 2003

Are you on a dial-up or broadband connection?

Alexander P 10:50 01 Oct 2003

I'v got an ADSL broadband connection.

Taff36 11:31 01 Oct 2003

I have had the same problem. It occurs when I have been surfing the web and visited particular sites (Can`t remember which ones - it was over a fortnight ago) The only cure is to reboot the computer and the problem disappears.

I too have broadband ADSL and XP Pro. I can only assume it is some content from the web page, maybe spyware, that affects the settings temporarily waiting for you to send an e-mail.

Good theory ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?