outlook express [office 2003] problem again

howard64 14:21 18 Nov 2007

having got it going last time using the info VOG supplied it now has gone back to receiving but not sending. When you open OE up comes the log in box but although all the info is correct it will not accept it and back comes the box. Can anyone suggest anything else to try? The original post was outlook express [office 2003] problem

TonyV 14:29 18 Nov 2007

Try deleting the account in Outlook Express that you are using to send mail and recreate the same account. This has worked for me in the past.

TonyV

palinka 14:38 18 Nov 2007

this may not help at all, but I thought I'd pass it on as something to consider: I had problems all day yesterday SENDING email. Receiving was normal. Tried tweaking settings, but no joy. Today it's all OK again.
I'm on BB with Pipex and it's not the first time this has happened though on none of the occasions has there been a mention on their website of any outages.
So the problem may not be at your end.

howard64 14:42 18 Nov 2007

thanks but there are 2 pcs at my sisters - the old one sends and receives fine it is the new one that receives but will not send because we cannot get past the sign in box.

howard64 15:17 18 Nov 2007

it is now working but no idea what started it or what stopped it in the first place. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?