outlook express not working in ie7

DrDob 19:02 21 Feb 2007

my outlook 'envelope' on the ie7 tool bar refuses to open outlook. i have had this before, and it is something to do with associating outlook to ie7. but i can not remember how!! old age i thing!!
anybody out there a bit younger? and can help.
thank you Michael

SANTOS7 19:21 21 Feb 2007

Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel and click on "Set Program Access and Defaults". If you want to use all Microsoft products for your web browsing, e-mail, and media player, click the radio button next to "Microsoft Windows" and click OK. Otherwise, select "Custom", then click the double downward arrows at the right and select your default web browser, then click OK.

westwit 19:24 21 Feb 2007

Alternatively - from the heading of your post I assume you mean 'Outlook Express' doesn't open when you click on the 'mail envelope' in IE7. The program that opens with this icon is governed by what is set in the IE7 'Tools' menu.

Open IE7 and click on the 'Tools' icon (a cog wheel on the tool bar) and click 'Internet Options' at the bottom of the drop down menu. Then click on the 'Programs' tab and you will see a list of programs that are automatically used by IE7. In the 'E-mail' box click the arrow at the right side of the box and select 'Outloook Express'. This should now ensure that Outlook Express opens when you click on the E-mail envelope icon on the IE7 toolbar. (If you meant 'Outlook' all along, then ensure that this is the program you select in the box!)

Hope this helps.

westwit 19:26 21 Feb 2007

Alternatively - from the heading of your post I assume you mean 'Outlook Express' doesn't open when you click on the 'mail envelope' in IE7. The program that opens with this icon is governed by what is set in the IE7 'Tools' menu.

Open IE7 and click on the 'Tools' icon (a cog wheel on the tool bar) and click 'Internet Options' at the bottom of the drop down menu. Then click on the 'Programs' tab and you will see a list of programs that are automatically used by IE7. In the 'E-mail' box click the arrow at the right side of the box and select 'Outloook Express'. This should now ensure that Outlook Express opens when you click on the E-mail envelope icon on the IE7 toolbar. (If you meant 'Outlook' all along, then ensure that this is the program you select in the box!)

Hope this helps.

westwit 19:27 21 Feb 2007

Sorry about the double post - my connection dropped out just as I pressed 'post' and when it came back it had gone twice! Hey Ho.

westwit 23:02 08 Mar 2007

I notice you haven't acknowledged the replies. Considering that you had two within about 20 minutes of posting your query I would have thought the least you could do would be to let us know whether your problem is now solved or not!

Diversion 23:24 08 Mar 2007

He doesn't seem to on this planet, I was going to post a website were he could download O/E. You seem to be wasting your time "westwit", he could at least acknowledge that he as read what you have spent time to type.

skidzy 23:39 08 Mar 2007

this seems to happen all to often,sometimes i think ..why do we bother.From experience,i just move on to the next thread where someone is grateful for the FREE advice given,not to mention the time in researching and typing.
Though i should not be to harsh i guess,DrDob may have gone out !

DrDob 09:52 09 Mar 2007

sorry all i have only just pick up the answer 2 days ago and have only just got round to doing things. but yes it worked thanks to all.sorry once again for not being quicker on picking up your replyes.
Dr Dob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?