Outlook Express not responding

skiman 09:22 07 Sep 2003

I was deleting old e-mails from my inbox. I went to the deleted folder to empty it. That was fine. I went back to my inbox and OE just hung. I closed down and rebooted, but although I can get into Internet Explorer and onto the web fine, if I click on the OE icon I get OE 6 box come up and then an empty frame with Outlook Express provided by... at the top, bit the egg-timer keeps on spinning. Control/alt/del reveals OE is not responding. It will not even bring up my dial up box. I did have IE 5.5 and tried downloading the IE6 update from Microsoft which installed successfully. I now have OE 6, but still can't get into it. Any suggestions anyone. I'm using Windows 98.

VoG II 09:42 07 Sep 2003

Corrupt or missing files? click here

Wak 19:17 07 Sep 2003

Have you tried running the Internet Explorer Repair program as this also repairs Outlook Express??

skiman 01:34 09 Sep 2003

Thanks vOg and wak, but Ihave sorted the prob now. It was a corrupt inbox. I changed its name, and then OE created me a new, empty one. Then I downloaded a utility that extracts e-mails from a corrupt inbox and you can then drag them back into your new inbox. A bit long winded, but highly successful. I'm amazed that Microsoft Knowledge base had nothing about my specific problem though. Cheers again guys

Peverelli 18:12 09 Sep 2003

Which utility did you download "that extracts e-mails from a corrupt inbox"?

This info could be useful for many people on this site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?