Outlook express &Norton antivirus connection prob

Mr Scone 11:00 24 Aug 2006

Hi

Have recently changed my router and since then have been unable to access liveupdate server on norton antivirus or check or send emails using outlook express. I get the following message when trying to update my virus definitions:

"Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
Downloading catalog file, not available.
Connecting to liveupdate.symantec.com...
Downloading catalog file, not available.
Unable to connect to host
LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file of available Symantec product and component updates. Please verify that you are able to connect to the Internet and run LiveUpdate again."

When i open Outlook Express an error box pops up immediately saying:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Chris Beattie Account', Server: 'pophost1.breathe.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

My router is ZyXel Prestige 660HW. Running Windows XP SP2.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thanks

MS

alrocks 11:29 24 Aug 2006

does internet explorer work

Mr Scone 11:02 25 Aug 2006

Yes, IE is working fine and other computers connecting to the router can also get online (though they don't use Outlook Express).

MS

Mr Scone 15:44 30 Aug 2006

^

xania 15:52 30 Aug 2006

Have you asked ZyXel - they may have an answer click here. Have you tried returning to your old router to see if that still works? You may also have to be certain to remove all trace of the old router drivers before installing the new drivers, but Zyxel should tell you how you have to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?