Outlook Express and multiple identities

Redz 23:21 13 Jan 2003
  Redz 23:21 13 Jan 2003

I have OE6 on my home PC shared by my husband and daughter - we each have our own Email account name. We have set OE up with 3 identities so that we can file the incoming Emails into our own areas.

The problem is that all mail go into the Main identity regardless of who it is addressed to and if I reply to that Email it is 'sent' by the Main identity so gets sent with my husbands name on.

Is there a way to set up OE so that incoming mail is directed into the mailbox of the correct identity depending on who the Email is addressed to.

Please can anyone help

Stuartli 23:29 13 Jan 2003

If you go into OE6 Tools>Accounts you can add as many as you wish for each e-mail recipient.

Rather than going through the procedure here, the best thing is to go to OE6, open Help>Accounts and you will find a full description.

That's what the Help file is all about..:-)

tran1 23:48 13 Jan 2003

I don't know if this is correct, but anyway,

Did you set up your email settings by creating an Identity, an email account for that identity. Create the second identity then its email account and finally the third identity the its corresponding email account, in this order?

I think you may have set up all the mail accounts into one identity.

Redz 23:53 13 Jan 2003

StuartLi

Thanks for the swift reponse. I have re-read and re-read again the Help in OE but I still don't understand the link between accounts and identities. Where in setting up an account do you specify which identity it relates to.

Allan-263226 23:54 13 Jan 2003

You have to create an Inbox for each identity and name them accordingly, eg. copy inbox and paste it personal folders, re-name it and then set the rules. Use the wizard and start a blank rule. If u search the previous threads OE6 and rules, you should find all the help you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone