Outlook Express Mail Template

Tribal-Wolf 19:01 28 Jun 2007

Can someone tell me why this does not work....
I am trying to create an outlook express template for sending a repetitive email following these instructions click here but when I double click the template it opens as a copy of a sent mail which can only be replied to as the send otion is not there and there is no way to edit it either. I am either missing something or it is a misprint and cant be done.

Tribal-Wolf 19:47 28 Jun 2007

Damn I guess nobody knows :o(

beeuuem 19:59 28 Jun 2007

It appears that MS caused this to happen.click here As yet I haven't found a solution for you.

Tribal-Wolf 20:05 28 Jun 2007

Thanks for your response, I was begininig to think I had gone mad lol. If you do find anything to help it will be most appreciated.

beeuuem 20:08 28 Jun 2007

The answer is click here

25-May-06

Today Microsoft released a new patch for Outlook Express that corrects problems caused by the April security patch (KB911567). As I reported here last month, and is now confirmed by MS, KB911567 removes the feature that allows you to save unsent messages for use as message templates. KB911567 also caused problems for some address books, which the new patch also corrects. But the fix is not quite as simple as installing the patch. After installing you will have to edit the registry before you can use saved *.eml files as message templates.
Close Outlook Express and any open message or address book window.
Go to Windows Update and (re-)install KB911567.
Go to the Windows Download Center, download and install KB918766.
Open Regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
-- SOFTWARE
---- Microsoft
------ Internet Explorer
-------- Main
---------- FeatureControl
On the Edit menu, point to New, then click Key and copy/paste this name exactly as shown:

FEATURE_HONOR_XUNSENT_IN_FILE

On the Edit menu, point to New, then click DWORD Value and name it msimn.exe.
Double-click msimn.exe and change the value to 1.

To make this easier you can download this small registry file click here to make the change for you. Just save the file to your desktop, right click on the file and select Merge.

beeuuem 20:10 28 Jun 2007

PS If all your updates are installed you only need to apply the registry fix - it worked for me!

beeuuem 20:12 28 Jun 2007

PPS to download the fix right click on the link and 'Save Target As' or 'Save to download folder'

Tribal-Wolf 20:14 28 Jun 2007

Brilliant......thanks a bunch :)

Guardianangel 20:16 28 Jun 2007

Just been testing this out and after you double-click the template icon, click Forward, fill in the details and then File, Send later which puts it in your Outbox.

Don't know if this will be what you want though.

Guardianangel 20:17 28 Jun 2007

Seems you got the answer whilst I was typing. lol

beeuuem 20:18 28 Jun 2007

Tribal-Wolf
Glad to be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?