outlook express issue

NANNY SPAIN 18:06 11 Nov 2007

hi folks, using xp on a hp pavillion desktop, having a periodic problem with oe, evry couple of days i am unable to open e-mail as oe displays, " outlook express can not open this folder, low disk space or low memory " constantly cearing out mail, disc clean ups on C drive and rebooting, but problem persists, any advice apriciated

NANNY SPAIN 18:12 11 Nov 2007

using a current mcaffe av, with email settingt set to allow

VoG II 18:20 11 Nov 2007

Is this the error message click here

NANNY SPAIN 18:29 11 Nov 2007

occasionally but not like those,when i try to re-open an email it says oe could not open this folder, giving the reason low disk space or low memory

NANNY SPAIN 18:35 11 Nov 2007

my mcaffe is version virusscan v.12
security centre v.8
firewall v.9
site advisor v.2.5

with mcaffe 12 in 1 total protection ready to go on when the above expires at the end of the month

VoG II 19:05 11 Nov 2007

Try File > Folder > Compact all Folders. That should clear deleted messages from the database.

NANNY SPAIN 19:41 11 Nov 2007

thanks vog,have tried that, will keep you posted to see if it solves the problem. thanks for your help.

NANNY SPAIN 15:13 12 Nov 2007

hi vog,tried "file folder compact all folders",but the problem persists,any more ideas i'm at a complete loss,i dont have much in my outlook express only half a dozen e-mails recieved today,as i click on to open,up pops the message low disc space,or low memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?