I've been using ccleaner lately (excellent) but since I ran it the other day (might be coincidentslly) every time I log off the machine the incoming mail server address which should be mail,btinternet.com is set to 18.104.22.168 (or similar). It's a hassle to have to keep changing it back to what it should be using the route: Tools/Accounts/Properties/Servers/Incoming mail and I did not have to do this previously. Any ideas please. By the way it's OE 6.
Thanks for your help. I thought if the problem is antivrus checking or another security issue then I reckoned McAfee, which I use, should be asked. So I mailed McAfee's customer support and they quickly sent me a link to the instructions as to how to set up email filtering (which I was previously using without problem, but must have needed changing) and so, I did what they said and all is well. The instructions did not match exactly what I had to do - the McAfee screens did not appear in the order they said, but they were easy to follow and get right. The link is: click here
I hope this helps someone else.
And thanks again.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.