Outlook express Help please

BABYTEL 17:44 04 Nov 2007

Hi

I am having a problem with Outlook Express, I am receiving what I thought were multiple copies of the same message, however when I actually open the messages and scroll down I see that they actually contain another message from another email address completely. I have no idea why this is happening, wether it is spam or not?
Can anyone help please?
Thank you
Terrie

FreeCell 17:47 04 Nov 2007

Sounds like spam if the email address sent from is "forged". Suggest you use a good spam detection program like Mailwasher to check your emails.
click here

If you are unsure of an email address always safer to assume it's spam and delete without opening.

BABYTEL 17:53 04 Nov 2007

The original email subject is a legitimate email that I have received and the messages within the email are legitimate emails ie, the verification email sent by PC advisor came within one of these emails.
I have downloaded mailwasher, thanks for the info!

lotvic 23:12 04 Nov 2007

are they 'forwarded' emails?
have you set up one of your email addresses to forward to another of your email addresses?

BABYTEL 18:27 08 Nov 2007

Hi

No they are not forwarded emails, I ahve unsubscribed from the group emails now and it seems to have resolved the problem, however when this happened before it was through a completely different site so I'll have to wait and see if it happens again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?