Outlook Express help needed please

dp600 11:22 07 Oct 2004

Can I stop the window showing conecting to -autherizing disconecting any time i send /recieve a message.Also can i have outlook express open on start up.
Thank you
Dave

Smegs 12:58 07 Oct 2004

Can't make head of what you are asking in the first part. Can you please make yourself clearer?

Second part, why do you want to start OE on start up?

1, you are not connected to the Internet.

2, you would be better off downloading a program like mailwasher. Just so you can check your mail before it gets to your PC.

3, virus's and what nots.

Just a thought.

dp600 13:36 07 Oct 2004

when you you press send and recieve in outlook express a box appears showing tasks and errors if any.I think there is a way of not showing it.Just to save time so it gets my mail when I am connected,or when somone else on a dif log on(win XP}is connected.

Carpigiani 13:51 07 Oct 2004

You can set Outlook Express to automatically check for messages as often as you want.
Open OE Click Tools, Options, under the General Tab check the box next to 'check for new messages every' & set the frequency you want it to check. Click apply. OE will then check for messages automatically at your requested intervals. Just open OE & leave it minimised.
It doesn't show the box you mentioned when it checks for messages automatically.

john-232317 13:53 07 Oct 2004

It only shows up when you click it. As soon as you start OE it searchs for mail, just set it to search every 10 mins or so. Tools, options, general, tick options you want.

john-232317 13:55 07 Oct 2004

you type faster than me ;-)

Carpigiani 13:59 07 Oct 2004

I don't think I type fast, just started a minute earlier:-)

dp600 14:04 07 Oct 2004

Thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?