outlook express files

hgrock 15:57 03 Dec 2006

hello folks i cannot remember where OE hides its mails, i know its in documents and setting\user folder somewhere. i have a new pop mail account and cannot access my old mail for some reason known only to ntl even setting it up in oe i get an error 500 or something

anskyber 16:43 03 Dec 2006

Look at "More Information" click here

anskyber 16:45 03 Dec 2006

For XP follow this advice. click here

hgrock 17:30 03 Dec 2006

All of your OE mail folders and messages, local IMAP and Hotmail folders and messages, and all of your subscribed newsgroups and messages are stored in one folder called the store root, or store root folder, or store folder, and in at least one place in OE, the Store root directory. It's default location is

thanks for your help fellers, for anyone who may be interested thr mail messages are .dbx files and found as shown below

C:\Windows\Application Data\Outlook Express\{GUID}
or
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

where {GUID} is the Global Unique IDentifier (technical jargon for a unique long number) used to specify an Identity. Depending on your operating system and upgrade history, your store folder might be located elsewhere. To determine the location of your store, click Tools| Options| Maintenance| Store folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?