Outlook Express Error Message

Dervy 20:23 27 Feb 2006

Hi, Can anyone help with a problem I am investigating for a friend using outlook express. Current setup is Win XP Home with AOL ISP. The AOL mail is working fine but he uses Outllo Express for business emails from his company website. Sending OE mails will invariably fail with the message below but after several tries (maybe 8-10) they will be sent.
Error message is .... "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.sier-group.com', Server: 'mail.sier-group.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F".

Any help would be appreciated. I Am told that this was working fine until AOL changed 1 port number, but is this anything to do with AOL ??

Many thanks,
Dervy.

terryf 23:33 27 Feb 2006

Go to OE Accounts, click on the your account Properties>Advanced and increase Server timeouts, mine is set to 1m 30sec, I had similar probs increased from about 1 min and it fixed it

johnnyrocker 23:36 27 Feb 2006

check with aol they are quite famous for mail probs.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017