OutLook Express ERROR?

mattyc_92 19:15 28 Jun 2005

Hi, just tried to send an e-mail, and got the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 578, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Anyone know what this means?

Terry Brown 19:50 28 Jun 2005

All I can think of is either your machine has a virus or trojan and AOL has blocked it, AOL has a problem-- The security settings on the receiving machine are set very high, and this has blocked it.

VoG II 19:52 28 Jun 2005
  mattyc_92 19:55 28 Jun 2005

Thanks for the replies...

Terry Brown

No viruses, spyware, adware, etc on the system as I only done these scans about 2 hours ago and all was clean

VoG™

I will try that now (I tried restarting my system, but that didn't help, so I will look at the settings as that link suggests)

mattyc_92 20:02 28 Jun 2005

Ok... so I have checked all the settings and couldn't find anything wrong with them.... So I have removed the account from OE and created it once again...

I don't know if this has sorted out the problem, as I have ended up sending my e-mail through the AOL website instead...

Will tick this thread though...

Thanks for all replies...

mattyc_92 17:28 29 Jun 2005

For the record, today I have been using OE and I am now able to send e-mail once more...

Thanks to all who repsonded to this thread.

danolito 11:37 04 Aug 2005

I can't send mail in OE, I can receive mail, but not send it when I try to send it I get an error,
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Acronis trueimage deluxe', Account: 'Microsoft Mail', Server: 'smtp.uk.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 (IPT:OA) Use port 587 to send mail from your AOL screen name. click here', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78. I'm with AOL winxp can someone help?

mattyc_92 11:57 04 Aug 2005

Please start your own thread on your problem so others know that you need help (as this thread as been ticked because I managed to reslove this problem)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?