Outlook Express E-Mail Slight Problem

Bingalau 20:43 24 Nov 2006

When I click on "Send/Receive" my internet connection turns off. Only happened the last couple of days and I haven't installed anything at all or done anything differently than I normally do. It isn't happening all the time but seems to be getting to be a more frequent happening. ..Bingalau..

Diodorus Siculus 20:58 24 Nov 2006

Are you on dial-up?

When you go into the properties of the email account, does it mention collection only from a specified connection? ie always connect using...

Bingalau 21:02 24 Nov 2006

Diodorus Siculus. No I am on broadband and have checked through various ways on email account. I did think of uninstalling but it seems a lot of messing about for what must only be a minor fault somewhere. ..Bingalau..

Diodorus Siculus 21:03 24 Nov 2006

OK; I'm not sure then.

Sometimes OE sets accounts to collect mail through a particular connection but if you set it to collect through any then it should be ok.

I don;t use OE so can't tell where the settings are.,

Bingalau 21:25 24 Nov 2006

Diodorus Siculus. I think I may have cracked it, Just been looking through all the settings again and found that my default was set for my ISP. I have changed it to "Speedtouch Connection" and it seems to be working at the moment. I will tick the resolved button and if I need to, I will have to start asking for help again later. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?